The church of Santa Maria (The Round) was a church, of Romanesque style, which was located in the current Cathedral Square, in the urban centre of the city of Vic, in the region of Osona.
The origins of the church of Santa Maria (The Round) are of the IX century. This church, together with the Cathedral of Sant Pere and the now disappeared Church of Sant Miquel were built by order of Bishop Gotmar. The church of Santa Maria (The Round) was reformed in 1038 by the Abbot Oliba, being a church of circular plant with a semicircular apse. In the 12th century, this church was built again by order of Canon Guillem Bonfill. In 1787 the church of Santa Maria (The Round) was demolished for the construction of the square of the Cathedral.
In 1998, during archaeological surveys, the remains of this church were located and excavated between 2002 and 2004. Through the archaeological excavations it was possible to see how the church of Santa Maria (The Round) had a diameter of 10.5 meters, being one of the biggest round churches.
Nowadays, we can see the profile of this old church thanks to some tiles, yellow coloured that run along the shape of this old church.