The church of Santa María de la Torre is located in the middle of the Torre de Oristà, a nucleus within the municipal district of Oristà.
This church was documented as early as 1241, although no remains of the Romanesque building have been preserved. In fact, the current building dates from the 18th century and was renovated in the 19th century.
This is a large church with a rectangular floor plan. The entrance door is rectangular, made with worked stones and a semicircular arch and tympanum. Above the door there is a flared window, topped with a semicircular arch and a tympanum.
On the roof there is a frieze of blind semicircular arches, imitating Romanesque churches. In the central point of the roof, there is a stone cross, as well as two triangular pinnacles.
Attached to the church is a square bell tower.