The church of Sant Sebastià crowns the coast of Sant Sebastià, and is located two kilometres west of the village of Prats de Lluçanès.
The original building dates from the 17th century and was replaced in 1777 by a new building created by the rector Antoni Vinyes. However, different reforms have been carried out in this building during the 19th century.
It is a single nave church with a transept. The main façade has a semicircular arch façade with pilasters attached to the sides. Above the door there is a niche that probably had the image of San Sebastian. There is also a rose window, and the façade is crowned by a tympanum. To the left of the main façade is a small bell tower.
This church was the protagonist of different combats between the Carlist and liberal troops during the three Carlist Wars. In fact, during the third Carlist War, in 1875, the liberal army decided to fortify Sant Sebastià.
During the Spanish Civil War, this was also an important point in the history of Prats de Lluçanès. Franco’s troops broke the republican defensive lines at this point. From here, they proceeded to occupy Prats de Lluçanès.