The church of Sant Pere is located next to the Monastery of Santa Maria de Ripoll, in the Ripollès region.
The first documentary evidence we have of the Church of Sant Pere dates from 890, although this church has been renovated on several occasions.
The church of Sant Pere was a parish centre until 1893 when the parish became the Monastery of Santa Maria.
In 1929, the architect Josep Maria Pericas directed some remodeling works.
Currently, this building houses the archive and the Museum of Ripoll.