The Convent and Church of Sant Domènec is located on the Rambla del Hospital, just next to the historic centre of Vic.
The church of Sant Domènec was built in 1658 by order of Bishop Francesc Crespí. In the church there was an altarpiece that was built in 1694 by different confraternities of the city of Vic. The convent and cloister were built in 1723 by the architect Josep Morató, and decorated by the sculptor Jacint Morató.
The church has a façade crowned by a small roof with a perpendicular ridge and curved sides. It has a portal framed by three-lobed ribs resting on smooth capitals. In the centre of the door, there is an inscribed shell. Above the portal, there are sgraffito plants with a medallion on top, as well as the image of the Virgin in a niche.
The church has a Latin cross plan, with a dome in the transept and four side chapels.
The convent has a rectangular floor plan and consists of a ground floor, two floors and an attic.
The cloister has a square floor plan with seven columns on each side. Each column is crowned by compound capitals, and in the centre of each arcade there are suspended capitals decorated with leaves. Inside the cloister there is a well.
This building has had different functions throughout its history. It was a school of nuns, public baths, in 1834 it was judged of first instance, and in 1875 it was a military barracks. In addition, during the Napoleonic occupation was one of the few churches that remained open.
During the Spanish Civil War, this building was used to house a war industry. In this case, the CAT tobacco factory in Tarragona was located here.
During this bellicose conflict, the church of Sant Domènec was also used as the headquarters of the Agricultural and Cooperative Union of Vic.
Nowadays, and after a reform carried out by the architect Lluís Nadal, in 1979, this building is the headquarters of the School of Arts and Crafts of Vic.