Map loading, please wait ...

The Castle of Orís is located to the south of the church of Sant Genís de Orís, in the region of Osona.

The first documentary mention we have of this castle dates from the year 914, and throughout history, extensions were made. Even today we can see the remains of some 14th and 15th century structures.

During the first Carlist War (1833 – 1840), this castle was blown up. During the Second Carlist War (1846 – 1849), an optical telegraphy tower of the military line Manresa – Vic – Girona was installed in this castle.

In this castle there are also the remains of the old chapel of Sant Pere, from the 12th century.

During the years 2002 and 2006, two campaigns of archaeological excavation were carried out that allowed to be able to document all the archaeological remains of this castle.