The Market, also known as the Wheat Market, is a building located between the Pes Square, Sant Felip Square and Ciutat Street, in the urban centre of the city of Vic, in the region of Osona.
Originally, the building of the Market was built to place the Council of the City of Vic. This first building, built in the 14th century and designed by Joan Colet, had a ground floor with open arches and a central column. In the 15th century, an upper floor was built by Jaume Cavallers. In the 16th century, this building was extended, and between 1922 and 1931 the architect Joan Maria Pericas carried out some reforms.
On the ground floor of the Market building there are different arches with the coat of arms of the city of Vic. On the first floor there are rectangular windows, where we can also see the coats of arms of the city, as well as a large Gothic window with fretwork and columns. On the second floor there are several windows. We can highlight, from this building, the leaded windows, and the wrought iron grilles, which decorate the portals on the ground floor.