The School of Idelfons Cerdà is located west of Centelles, and is now also known as the School of Baix.
On 7 May 1933 the president of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Francesc Macià, laid the first stone for the construction of this public school. The architect of this project was Josep Anselm Capdevila, and it was built between 1934 and 1937.
This school is of a marked noucentiste style, and it is a set formed by three ships joined by a building in its superior part. This was a variation on the original project, in which two pavilions were projected, one for boys and the other for girls, joined by a porch at the rear end, and a building that protrudes in the middle to locate the services and an assembly hall.
We can observe a great austerity in the project, where the bases of the pavilions are made of stone. In addition, there is a great balance between the rectilinear and circular forms, which have a more decorative character.