The old parish church of Sant Bartomeu del Grau is located to the east of the municipality, next to the old path that linked Sant Bartomeu with Vic. From this point, there are very good views of the Plana de Vic.
The first documentary mention we have of this church dates from the year 961. This church survived until 1780, the year in which the current church of Sant Bartomeu was built. In 2004, an archaeological excavation campaign was carried out, and today we can still see the remains of the old church of Sant Bartomeu.
Nowadays, therefore, the archaeological remains of the old church can be observed. These remains are made up of different phases of expansion that the church of Sant Bartomeu underwent.