The Marist Brothers’ school, also known as the Valldemia School, is located at the end of Riera Street, next to Espanya square, in the urban centre of Mataró, in the Maresme region.
At first, this building was the Educational Centre of Catalonia, and was built in 1855. Later, it was the Europe and America school, and in 1898 it became the Marist Brothers’ school.
This is a large building; originally this building was a ground floor and first floor, work of Jeroni Boada. Later, a second floor was added, the work of J. Goday Casals.