The House of the Bathtubs is located next to the Llobregat River, in the municipality of Talamanca, in the region of Bages.
During the 19th century, a large number of bathtubs were built next to the vineyards in Central Catalonia. The fact that the bathtubs were built next to the areas where the grapes were produced meant that the costs of wine production were reduced, since the transport of the grapes in the production areas was saved. With these constructions, therefore, wine was produced in the same area where the grapes were grown.
All these constructions fell into disuse after 1879, when phylloxera arrived in Catalonia. Many vine crops were replaced by cereal crops. The improvements in the systems of wine production also made these constructions fall into disuse.
The House of the Bathtubs is formed by a total of 7 bathtubs located of side. At present, therefore, it is a private property.