The Hospital of Sant Jaume and Santa Magdalena is located at Hospital Street, 31, in the urban centre of Mataró, in the Maresme region.
This hospital was built in 1747, although it has undergone subsequent reforms. Its construction was the idea of Mn. Jaume Sala.
In spite of the reforms, although it conserves the central cloister, with three floors of semicircular or lowered arches.
From the main façade, the most striking feature is the rectangular portal, of the classical type, which has a triangular pediment and a shield on the tympanum.