The Fort of the Pla de la Bandera is located in the Pla de la Bandera, in the hill of the Calvari, to the west of the municipality of Ripoll, in the region of the Ripollès.
This fort was built during the 19th century, in the context of the Carlist wars, by the liberal forces that settled in Ripoll. Specifically, this fort was built during the first Carlist war (1833 to 1840).
The Fort of the Pla de la Bandera, which is currently in a state of ruin, was a circular tower with two buttresses. The fort has an internal radius of 1.80 metres, with a wall thickness of 1.10 metres.