El Paraíso (“The Paradise”), also known as the Poultry School, is a building located at Plana del Paraís Street, 18, in the town centre of Arenys de Mar, in the Maresme region.
This building was built in 1864, and in 1896 its owner, Salvador Castelló, founded the Royal Poultry Farming School. In fact, this school was visited twice by Alfonso XIII, a great fan of poultry farming and pigeon fanciers.
This building has three floors, and the most characteristic is its ornamentation based on terracotta appliqués, with medallions with classical busts surrounded by foliage. We can also highlight a graceful pot that is covered with a terrace with balusters.