The Convent of Santa Clara, also known as the Convent of the Poor Clares, is a modernist building located at Santa Clara Street, 16, in the town centre of Arenys de Mar, in the Maresme region.
The convent of Santa Clara was designed in 1905 by the architect Salvador Oller Pedrol. This building, with a marked modernist style, combines the smooth whitish finish with the reddish colour of the exposed work. In fact, all the openings in this building, as well as the corners and the plinth, are framed with exposed brickwork.
The door of the church is made with an ogival arch, where we can see a religious scene made with glazed ceramics. Above the entrance door, we can also see a large rose window.
This convent was in use until the beginning of the 21st century, when the few nuns who lived there moved to the convent of Vilobí d’Onyar. Since 2018, this building has been the property of the town council of Arenys de Mar.