The Church of Santa Maria, a historicist-style building, is located at Església Street, 25, in the town centre of Caldes d’Estrac, in the Maresme region.
The first news preserved from the Church of Santa Maria dates back to medieval times. Originally, this church was a suffragan of Sant Andreu de Llavaneres, but in 1230 it became a convent parish. In 1379 it became an independent parish of the bishopric of Barcelona.
The present church was, therefore, built between 1805 and 1830, in the middle of the 19th century. It was decided to build a new Christian temple on the old 13th century church. From the medieval church, the baptismal font is still preserved, as well as a tombstone above the entrance. This tombstone is a representation of the Blessed Virgin, and has a marked Gothic style.
This church has only one nave, with side chapels located between the buttresses. The bell tower of this church was rebuilt and extended in 1868, and in 1949 the apse was restored.
The façade has a marked neo-Romanesque style. We can see how the door is framed by three semicircular arches. Above the entrance door there is a large rose window that gives illumination to the interior of the church of Santa Maria. In addition, on both sides of this rose window there are two double blind windows that imitate the windows of the most advanced Romanesque. These double windows are subdivided by a small stone column. There is also a continuous duster that protects the double blind windows and the large rose window. Above the large rose window there is a small oculus, and the whole ridge of the façade is decorated with a toothed frieze that imitates Romanesque decoration.