The church of Sant Cristòfol is located next to the Major Square, within the urban framework of Tavertet, in the region of Osona.
The first documentary evidence we have of the church of Sant Cristòfol is the year 1070.
Initially, this church had a single nave covered with a barrel vault and reinforced by fajon arches. It also had a semicircular apse preceded by a large presbyteral space.
Between the 12th and 13th centuries the bell tower was built, which we can still see today. In addition, this bell tower also had defensive uses.
During the 17th century, a new nave was added to the church. This nave is made up of three sections covered with ribbed vaults. During the 18th century, the current sacristy was built.
The apse, which is the oldest part of the present church, is decorated on the outside with blind arches between lezens, as well as three double-spilling windows.
The entrance door is linteled, and there is an oculus above it.
At the end of the 20th century, this church was restored.