The Castle of Taradell, also known as the Castle of Boix, crowns a hill within the municipality of Taradell.
The first documentary mention we have of this castle dates from the year 893, and since then, it appears repeatedly in the documentation preserved. The last known inhabitants of this castle date from 1590.
This castle is located on a large rock, at a strategic point, as it has a great visual control of the whole Plana de Vic. Today we can still see some of the remains of this castle. These remains range from the tenth century to the fourteenth century.
The remains preserved are both the wall of the castle, as well as a large defensive tower and the rooms inside the castle.
All these remains have been excavated in different archaeological campaigns.